Dufflet Pastries, a renowned Bakery Cafe in Toronto, is currently seeking a full-time Cafe Assistant Store Manager
for their location in the Beaches (1917 Queen Street East
, East of Woodbine). Come and be a part of the dynamic and vibrant Beach area neighbourhood!
Duties and responsibilities:
* Assist in supervision of all staff and manage daily store operations, ensuring all products are well stocked and prep lists are being followed
* Take direction from the Store Manager and act accordingly
* Handle all questions and concerns in the absence of Store Manager in a timely manner; respond to customer phone calls/messages or email inquiries in a timely manner.
* Process customer orders, wedding cake requests and special occasion orders
* Manage store events and consult with customers regarding special events or backroom rentals
* Participate in training of new staff; provide overview of staff performance to Store Manager
* Knowledgeable of stores overall performance and have a keen awareness of local market; support team to develop new customer opportunities
* Follow policies and procedures and complete administrative tasks competently and on time; manage store systems/processes to support the sales environment and achieve operational guidelines
* Maintain active communication with Store Manager to ensure familiarity with all special events, promotions or any ongoing maintenance or staffing issues
* Monitor completion of daily and monthly checklists by staff; ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner
* Assist Store Manager with scheduling as required, inventory control, performing administrative job tasks and completing paper work/documentation
* Awareness of internal contacts in emergency situations and respond to emergencies as these arise
* Assist Store Manager in implementing company policies and procedures and relevant changes as these occur
* Maintain product availability; merchandising and ordering from bakery/suppliers.
Ideal applicants must have:
- 2-3 years retail sales experience, preferably within the food industry
- Excellent customer service skills
- Positive attitude to be part of a winning team
- Excellent work ethic
- Good communication skills
- Background in pastries and desserts is an asset as well as “Smart Serve” certified
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
Interested applicants are asked to forward a copy of their resume and pay rate expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
for consideration. We thank all applicants for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agency or telephone inquiries please.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).